Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Wait, is that Lauren!

Aaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Plane trips! The first leg of our journey home was from Stockholm to Paris! We were both really excited to have a three-hour layover in Paris because it is such a cool airport. When we landed in Paris it was poring down rain. The airplane was not attached to a building so we had to walk across the tarmac to a bus that was waiting for us to take us to the terminal. However our bus had a big problem: two doors would not close! So, we spent 20 minutes or so on a crowded bus with a man yelling in three different languages "I need to go, I will miss my flight, I have a small child!" Finally they transferred us to another bus and we headed off the to terminal. We finally made it to the terminal and had to go through security before finding our way to yet another bus, which would take us to terminal M, the only terminal that was not connected to the rest of the airport, and the terminal that our flight would be leaving from.

Once there Austin ordered us lunch in French and we relaxed is some really comfortable big chairs for a while before exploring some of the shops in the airport. We got to our gate an hour ahead of time so we played on a huge computer screen set into a table with a bunch of games on it. When we returned to our gate they had just started boarding so we got in line. The whole day we had been joking around, what if Jad or Lauren were one our flight!? So, when Austin laughed and said in a shocked voice "hey look it's Lauren!" I thought he was joking. But sure enough there Lauren was, sitting in one of the chairs talking with one of the flight attendants. Apparently as she says "even though I am 16 they treat my like an underaged flyer, maybe because I am so short." It was so fun that Lauren was on our flight, and she ended up sitting just a couple sets way. Overall the flight was long, a total of 12 hours in the air and 15 hours of travel. We were extremely glad to land!

Overall I had an amazing experience in Sweden! I had the time of my life and made some amazing friends! If you ever get the chance to take a trip like mine or even go to Sweden jump on it, I promise, you will not regret it! Tack!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment