Sunday, November 4, 2012

The RUN 😜

11/4/2012

Today Emma took me on a tour of Sala in a different kind of way: we went for a run.

"You don't stand in front
of a mirror before a run...

and wonder what the road
will think of your outfit.

You don't have to listen to its
jokes and pretend they're funny.

It would not be easier to run
if you dressed sexier.

The road doesn't notice
if you're not wearing lipstick.

It does not care
how old you are.

You do not feel
uncomfortable...

because you make more money
than the road.

And you can call on the road
whenever you feel like it,

whether it's been a day...

or a couple of hours
since your last date.

The only thing
the road cares about...

is that you pay it a visit
once in a while.

Nike.
No games.
Just sports."
-what women want, a movie we watched the other night

This was definitely not how I ran. In the first place I am a horrible runner and running is not my preferred type of exercise. I think a combination of me being sick and the cold air made it a bit harder. However, it was extremely beautiful and that it made it all worth it. We went running through the "forest" of Sala on a path called the green way. The "forest" is right next to the pool house and surrounded by houses, but once inside you can loose yourself, it is so beautiful and peaceful. Did you know that if you squeeze twigs or stones in your hands while you run the pain of the cold on your ears goes away. I have no idea how it works, maybe it is a placebo affect, but I don't care, it was like magic and made the pain go away! Thanks Emma! :)

After we came back from our run we took it easy and just hung out downstairs. One of Filippa's friends came over and they played sing star. Emma and I sung once song, in Swedish, and it was a complete disaster, I had no idea what any of the words were or how to pronounce them. Only after we had sung our song did I learn that their were English songs that we could have sung too!

Tonight we had an early dinner, of delicious salmon and potatoes, because Emma, Austin, Ida, William, a friend who visited the U.S. for a short time last year when Ida was at MVCDS, and I were going to see Skyfall the new James bond movie at 7. After dinner Emma and I made chocolate balls: butter, chocolate, oatmeal, and coffee all mixed together and then covered in sugar beads. We then put them in the freezer to eat after the movie.

Skyfall was amazing! One main difference between movie theaters in the U.S. and in Sweden is that in Sweden you have assigned seating like you would have when you go to a play and you can buy your tickets online and pick out the seat that you want. When we came out of the movie theatre there was a spooky layer of thick fog over all over the city. It was kind of fun and scary to walk home in it. When we got home we ate the chocolate balls we had made previously, before going to bed. It was an amazing last night at Emma's house before I move to Hanna's. I am going to miss them very much but I will still be here for another two weeks so I will be able to see them all again, and I am excited to live with Hanna too.

No comments:

Post a Comment